Bose Pro today introduces the Bose L1 Pro portable line array systems. The L1 Pro systems are designed for on-the-go audio applications for singer-songwriters, mobile DJs and bands. The three new systems are the L1 Pro8, the L1 Pro16 and L1 Pro32 with its choice of two subwoofers. A RaceTrack woofer design integrated into the L1 Pro8, L1 Pro16 and the Bose Sub1 and Sub2 modular subwoofers, provides extended base response and less bulk, making the subwoofers much easier to transport, carry and fit onstage. Built-in multichannel mixers offer EQ, reverb and phantom power, while Bluetooth streaming capabilities and access to the complete library of ToneMatch custom EQ presets allow performers to play with recording-studio tonal quality.
These three new portable PA systems are designed to give artists choices, suit different styles and audiences and provide a solution for creators reintroducing live music and sound experiences into venues and online platforms. The L1 Pro8 provides a solution for intimate spaces; the L1 Pro16 performs in small-to-medium spaces; and the L1 Pro32 is a portable system for entertaining large audiences. With a modular design, each system is easy to pack, carry and set up — this new generation offers a truly stunning size-to-performance ratio.
The Bose L1 Pro portable systems are complemented by the L1 Mix app, placing complete wireless control in the hands of users for on-the-fly tweaks via controls that are both intuitive and instant. Performers can adjust mixer settings via phone or tablet from the stage, or even walk the room, hear how the mix sounds and fine-tune on the go. Volume and tone settings can be changed in the app as well, with users able to watch the LED encoder move to match — the mixer and app are in sync, in real-time.
The L1 Pro8 is portable, weighing in at only 38.9 pounds (17.7 kilograms).
- C-shaped line array features eight articulated 2” neodymium drivers; 180-degree horizontal coverage with wide vertical dispersion, allowing audiences to hear clearly whether seated or standing, and even off to the extreme sides in small to medium venues.
- Integrated 7″ × 13″ subwoofer features a high-excursion RaceTrack driver; performance rivals a conventional 12” woofer with a smaller footprint.
The L1 Pro16 balances power and portability, offering a system with high output and extended low frequency.
- J-shaped line array features 16 articulated 2” neodymium drivers; 180-degree horizontal coverage, tight vertical control on top, and wide dispersion on the bottom, covers audiences whether set up on the floor, an elevated stage, and even off to the extreme sides in medium-to-large venues.
- Integrated 10″ × 18″ subwoofer features a high-excursion neodymium RaceTrack driver; performance rivals a conventional 15” woofer with a smaller footprint.
The peak of portable PA, Bose claims the L1 Pro32 is the most advanced L1 portable line array ever, weighing just 28.8 pounds (13.0 kilograms).
- Straight line array, features 32 articulated 2″ neodymium drivers; 180-degree horizontal coverage with the most focused vertical coverage pattern and highest SPL over distance in an L1 ever — providing intricate sonic detail, clarity, and consistency, even off to the extreme sides in larger venues.
- Combines with the Bose Sub1 or Sub2 powered bass module via a single-cable and SubMatch connectivity is included for both power and audio.
- Stack two Sub1 or Sub2 subwoofers for even more bass, or unleash Cardioid Mode for focused, directional performance that negates rear-firing bass energy, steering the bass out front, and reducing feedback.
Each L1 Pro system features a built-in mixer, allowing creators to connect various instruments, microphones and other sources. Two combo XLR-1/4” phantom-powered inputs, 1/4″ and 1/8″ (3.5 millimeter) aux inputs are included.
The L1 Pro portable line array systems will be available starting October 2020.