Integrated Systems Events released a new statement Monday via Managing Director Mike Blackman, regarding the planned ISE 2021 event in June. In case you don’t have the time to read it, I’ll summarize — and then tell you our plans.
First, the summary: ISE had previously announced to all exhibitors that the organization would make a “go or no-go” decision on the Barcelona-based June event by March 1. Well, today is 1 March and the statement is basically that it will still plan to have a show the first week of June but, ISE is giving every exhibitor a chance to pull out by Friday, March 5, without a financial penalty. In fact, a 100% refund! But, as you may know, each year you exhibit, you build up points — as a brand. Those points determine your time slot for when you get to pick a stand/booth location in future events. With a lot of points, you get to pick early — so you can get a location close to the entrances or near big brands. In the statement released today (and reprinted below in italics), about the points, ISE’s Blackman said, “All exhibitors will retain their priority points from ISE 2020 and be able to participate in the rebooking process for ISE 2022 as dependent on their points and priority ranking. [But], as promised before, all companies that exhibit at ISE 2021 will receive 2x the points for their participation at the in person Barcelona event.” This does give companies an incentive to have some presence at the 2021 event.
If there is a show, rAVe WILL BE THERE to cover it, if travel restrictions permit doing so. (As of Feb. 23, “U.S. citizens cannot enter Spain unless they meet very specific requirements or have already obtained special permission from the Government of Spain. Additionally, U.S. citizens travelling from the United States or certain other countries will need to show a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours prior to arrival and complete a Health Control Form” according to the U.S. Embassy website.)
We are committed to be there, although, as you can imagine, at great expense. (Our plan includes only taking people from our company who have been or will be vaccinated by June, maintaining safety as our highest priority.)
Integrated Systems Events has been working hard alongside each of you to bring a successful ISE 2021 to Barcelona on 1-4 June this year.
Together with each of you, our shared goal is to deliver a show that prioritises safety and brings a return on investment to our show community. With the rapid implementation of vaccines, and the current reduction in daily new cases, we see the COVID situation in many European countries (including Spain) improving at an increasing pace. Based on this positive trend, we anticipate a climate that will make it possible to run an in-person event in Barcelona. However, we are realistic that current attitudes to travel may mean a lower volume of attendance than in previous years.
We are reviewing all options, and are listening carefully to feedback from the industry, with a plan to provide an engaging event in Barcelona for those who wish to be a part of it.
ISE is a community of over 1,000 exhibitors and nearly 100,000 attendees and has grown as such through working together, focused on growing the market and delivering opportunities for the amazing people that make up this industry. And we recognise that not all the members of our community are ‘in the same place’ as we conceive of gathering together or travelling to Barcelona.
For those exhibitors and attendees who are unable to travel to Barcelona, we will offer a robust digital programme highlighting unique content that can only be found at ISE. In addition, we are exploring regional opportunities for the local markets of Germany, the Netherlands and the UK, taking ISE on the road for those who may not be able to make it to Barcelona.
Recognising and respecting the many members of our community we wish to give all our exhibitors the opportunity to choose if they wish to continue to be part of ISE 2021 Barcelona, without hindrance.
- No penalty fees will be due for any withdrawals that are made before 5 March.
- Those exhibitors who are committed at a higher level than they may need, have the opportunity to reduce their commitment without penalty.
- Those companies that decide not to continue and have paid in part or full for ISE 2021 will have the option of a full refund of their monies or be able use this as a credit towards participating in other ISE events in 2021 or even as a deposit/payment for ISE 2022. This is about you and your success now and into the future.
- All exhibitors will retain their priority points from ISE 2020 and be able to participate in the rebooking process for ISE 2022 as dependent on their points and priority ranking.
- As promised before, all companies that exhibit at ISE 2021 will receive 2x the points for their participation at the in person Barcelona event.
- Any companies that participate in the digital part of ISE 2021 or any of the future local events will receive priority points based on the level of their investment.
- In the event you need to cancel hotel reservations, cancellation deadlines have been extended to 22 March.
- This past year has provided challenges to all of us in many ways, but we have in common a passion and commitment to go forward, to rebuild and help make our industry even stronger. We look forward to your continued participation with us at ISE 2021 and beyond.