Pro-Ject Audio Systems unveiled the new Debut Carbon Evolution turntable as an addition to its Debut Collection. The product features the brand’s one-piece carbon fiber tonearm technology, electronic speed selection, suspension elements from the EISA X1 and a factory-mounted Sumiko Rainier phono cartridge.
After more than 20 years in business, Pro-Ject says the Debut is one of the best-selling products in the history of hi-fi, with close to one million units sold. According to the company, the Debut made listening to vinyl an affordable option for music lovers, and it also helped to make analog fashionable again.
Available in a range of nine finish options, including varieties of eight-coat, hand-painted high-gloss, beautiful matte pastel colours, or elegant walnut veneer. The newest additon to the Debut family will be available through all authorized Pro-Ject dealers for orders in the U.S. market beginning in September, retailing for $499 USD.
Detailed Feature List:
- 8.6” one-piece Carbon Fiber tonearm, integrated headshell
- Low-friction precision sapphire tonearm bearings
- Sumiko Rainier phono cartridge, factory-mounted and precision-aligned (United States only)
- Heavy 1.7 kg die-cast aluminum platter with TPE Damping
- Electronic Speed Selection for 33 and 45 RPM (78 capable)
- TPE-damped motor suspension
- Premium gold-plated, chassis-mount RCA jacks
- One-piece continuous run, high purity copper internal tonearm wiring, shielded termination box
- Height-adjustable TPE-damped aluminum leveling feet
- Hinged adjustable dust cover included