The pandemic has accelerated a remote learning revolution – it’s no longer an optional extra but an immediate necessity for business and academia. With remote learning becoming more established in our daily lives, this timely RISE Spotlight will examine the technologies that are boosting digital learning experiences and find out where investment opportunities lie.
Top of the agenda is the Reporter Roundtable session, where a curated international panel of experts will discuss the burning issues surrounding digital learning. Was last year’s rapid roll-out of digital learning technology more problematic than anticipated? What are the barriers to implementing digital learning across an organization? Which technologies will create the biggest impact in 2021? On the panel will be:
- Varun Sawhney, Director Global Learning and Development at Netflix — The Netherlands
- Elizabeth Lembke, Chief Talent Navigator at Transforming Talent — Germany
- Diana Laurillard, Professor of Learning with Digital Technology at UCL Knowledge Lab — U.K.
- Robin Støckert, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU — Norway
Next, there will be a live one-to-one “On the Sofa” interview with Mike Tholfsen, principal group product manager at Microsoft Education. The interview will be focused on the evolution of education technology and the future of digital learning. Audience members are encouraged to submit questions via the live chat.
This will be followed by “AVIXA Insights,” where Sean Wargo, senior director of market intelligence at AVIXA, will give “The Higher Ed Outlook,” presenting data from the association’s IOTA research about AV revenues in the education sector.
“Start-up Nation” has become a popular feature within the RISE Spotlight schedule. Discover the next big thing as Mercedes Bent, partner at Lightspeed Venture Partners, talks about some of the exciting startups in the digital learning space that her company has invested in. Mercedes will also introduce elevator pitches from Tom Brunskill, co-founder and CEO of Forage, and Deborah Burton, CEO at Instruqt, who will pitch their wares in a bid to impress the live audience.
Watercooler Virtual Meet-ups give attendees the opportunity to participate in live conversations with industry experts. Simply choose which break-out session you want to join:
- AVIXA’s Sean Wargo will lead a discussion on issues arising from his AVIXA Insights presentation;
- From CEDIA, Steve Rissi, Director of Technical Training and Samantha Ventura, Senior Vice President Education and Training, will talk to Content Director Ed Wenck about “Practical Applications of Digital Learning.”