The Audiovisual and Integrated Experience Association has announced the return of the AV Experience Awards program to recognize the innovative integration of content, space and audiovisual technology to enrich experiences. Entry to submit award applications is officially open.
“Last year, AVIXA created the AV Experience Awards to recognize result-driven projects, answering the question: how did AV make a desired experience possible?” said Joé Lloyd, senior director of communications, AVIXA. “In its first year, we saw projects where AV was being applied in imaginative ways around the world — from New York to Copenhagen, to London to Nanjing. We’re looking forward to again witnessing the work of the talented AV community.”
The program’s different categories showcase how thoughtful design and execution achieve the projects’ distinct goals.
- The Best Dynamic Art Experience award celebrates AV as art – whether it is to amaze, create a cultural centerpiece, energize people for their day, reinvigorate a functional space, or display information in a stimulating way.
- The Best In-Person Experience award recognizes when AV is used strategically to motivate potential attendees to get out into the real world to experience something they can’t see, do or feel anywhere else.
- The Best Individualized Experience award highlights applications where technology gets personal and allows an experience or interaction to be tailored to the individual.
- The Best Immersive Experience award recognizes illusionary or simulated environments that envelop individuals into an encompassing multi-sensory experience utilizing content, space and technology.
- The Best Flexible Space Experience award highlights AV applications that create spaces that are constantly changing, adaptable, and facilitate the activities that happen within them.
- The Best Collaborative Experience award celebrates applications of AV that help enhance interactivity.
Award entries may be submitted by anyone involved in the project, whether project originator, creative or technology agency or the customer. This includes brand agencies, experience design firms, AV consultants, designers and integrators, AV manufacturers and others.
With the support of like-minded industry organizations across the globe, including the Association of Luxury Suite Directors, Hospitality Technology Next Generation and European University Information Systems Organization, the AV Experience Awards provides promotional support to project award finalists and winners in targeted vertical markets.
To be eligible for consideration, projects should have been completed or taken place with the period of Jan. 1, 2019, to Feb. 15, 2021. Entry to submit an application is currently open and will close March 12, 2021. For more information and to apply, visit avxawards.avixa.org. The shortlist will be announced May 18 and a virtual ceremony will be hosted in July.